Admission Requirements: Cybersecurity, M.S.
You must possess the following credentials in order to be considered* for the Cybersecurity, M.S. program at New York Tech Vancouver:
- Four-year bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.85 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum GRE score of 300 (if required)
- Proof of English proficiency if you have not completed your bachelor’s degree from an accredited North American institution. Minimum overall score of IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or 88 TOEFL (IBT) and PTE (Academic). Duolingo score may be accepted on a case-by-case only.
- Home edition tests are not accepted for admission.
- IELTS indicator test are not accepted for admission.
*Minimum requirements. The Cybersecurity, M.S. program has a limited number of seats and only the best applicants will be admitted to the program.
**This is not required if you have completed your bachelor’s degree from an English speaking country such as Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand. NYIT-Vancouver reserves the right to test new students for their English proficiency upon arrival on campus.
All New York Tech Vancouver applications are done online and require a non-refundable $50 USD application fee. In addition, you will also be asked to upload the following documents:
- Completed NYIT Online Application
- Bachelor's Degree completion certificate
- Semester-by-semester transcripts for all four years of your Bachelor's Degree
- Any transcripts or certificates received beyond your Bachelor’s degree program
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of GRE score (only required for some applicants)
- Statement of Purpose
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with your undergraduate work (recommended)
- Fall 2022: Closed
- Spring 2023: Closed
- Summer 2023: Expected to be open mid October 2022
*Dates are subject to change. Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Applications may be deferred by the admissions office to the next available term when programs are full.
701 W. Georgia St., Suite 1700
BC V7Y 1K8, Canada