Admission Requirements: Master of Business Administration, M.B.A. – Finance
You must possess the following credentials in order to be considered* for the Master of Business Administration, M.B.A. – Finance program at New York Tech Vancouver:
- Four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Proof of English proficiency if you have not completed your bachelor’s degree from an accredited North American institution. Minimum overall score of IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or 88 TOEFL (IBT) and PTE (Academic). Duolingo score may be accepted on a case-by-case only.
- Home edition tests are not accepted for admission.
- IELTS indicator test are not accepted for admission.
*Minimum requirements. The M.B.A. program has a limited number of seats and only the best applicants will be admitted to the program.
**This is not required if you have completed your bachelor’s degree from an English speaking country such as Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand. New York Tech Vancouver reserves the right to test new students for their English proficiency upon arrival on campus.
The M.B.A. program consists of waivable and non-waivable courses:
- Students who have completed an undergraduate degree in the past five years may apply to waive up to 18 credits of waivable courses. In order to waive a course, you must demonstrate that you have successfully completed an equivalent course at an accredited four-year institution prior to enrolling at New York Tech. If a course is not waived, it must be completed as part of New York Tech's M.B.A. program.
- Up to nine transfer credits from an accredited graduate program may be granted to students for elective courses with a grade of B or equivalent.
All New York Tech Vancouver applications are done online and require a non-refundable $50 USD application fee. In addition, you will also be asked to upload the following documents:
- Completed New York Tech Online Application
- Bachelor's Degree completion certificate
- Semester-by-semester transcripts for all four years of your Bachelor's Degree
- Any transcripts or certificates received beyond your Bachelor’s degree program
- Proof of English proficiency
- 1-2 page resume or C.V. (recommended)
- GMAT score if your overall GPA is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Statement of Purpose
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with your undergraduate work (recommended)
- Fall 2022: Closed
- Spring 2023: Open
- Summer 2023: Expected to be open end of Sept 2022
*Dates are subject to change. Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Applications may be deferred by the admissions office to the next available term when programs are full.
701 W. Georgia St., Suite 1700
BC V7Y 1K8, Canada