Located in the heart of downtown city center, near corporate head offices of finance, banking, mining, service sector, natural resources and IT companies reside, the NYIT-Vancouver campus features computer labs, student lounges, and a distance-learning center. Small classes lead to big opportunities for internships, practicums, and mentoring programs at leading commercial and financial institutions in the area.
Our on-campus community includes special-interest clubs, a student advisory board, and an honor society, and organizes a variety of social and recreational activities throughout the year. Right outside and all around is a spectacular coastal city, rich in diversity, alive with the arts and culture, and stunning in its natural beauty.
New York Institute of Technology is accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the United States.
The School of Management is accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a global accreditation that includes all of NYIT's business programs around the world, including Vancouver.
NYIT is also listed on the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as a participant in the off-campus work permit program and is listed on the website of the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
The NYIT-Vancouver campus is within walking distance of many of Vancouver's iconic landmarks. There are also numerous dining, shopping, and cultural venues within walking distance, including:
- Granville Island, where you can buy locally made food and goods.
- World-famous Stanley Park, where you can walk or bike year round.
- Chinatown, where you can eat some of the tastiest and least-expensive food in town.
- Vancouver Art Gallery, where you can check out the artwork from around the world.
- English Bay, where you can sunbathe and view the Pacific Ocean.
- Sports centres such as BC Place Stadium and Rogers Center, where you can watch professional hockey or football games.
- Gastown and Robson Street, where you can hang out and shop for trendy fashions.