Welcome to New York Tech Vancouver! Whether you're interested in getting involved in campus activities, staying updated on upcoming events, accessing essential campus services, or learning about student government and volunteer opportunities, we've got you covered. Let's dive right in!
- Campus Activities: Information about various clubs, organizations, and student-run groups on campus, along with their events, activities, and meeting schedules.
- Events and Calendar: A calendar of upcoming campus events, such as concerts, performances, lectures, workshops, and social gatherings.
- Campus Services: Details about on-campus resources and services available to students, such as health and counseling centers, career services, student housing, dining options, and fitness facilities.
- Student Government: Information about student government organizations, including student elections, representatives, and initiatives.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Listings of volunteer programs and community engagement opportunities that students can participate in.
- Sports and Recreation: Details about intramural sports, fitness classes, and recreational facilities available to students.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Resources and support services related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, such as multicultural centers and programs.
- Safety and Security: Information about campus safety measures, emergency protocols, and resources for reporting incidents.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to common questions that students may have about campus life and resources.
Located in Broadway Tech Centre, New York Tech Vancouver offers access to world-class learning facilities and opportunities, including:
- Advanced computer labs with the latest hardware and software.
- Student lounges where you can- relax and study before and after classes.
- Numerous campus life events throughout the year to explore the Vancouver area.
- Distance learning classrooms where you'll interact with New York Tech students and professors at our global campuses in New York, Abu Dhabi, and China.
- Career readiness support, including one-on-one career counseling, classes, workshops and "lunch & learn" webinars.
- Student engagement with the community, practicum and volunteer opportunities.
- Sponsored events for networking and educational purposes.
You also get to explore many of Vancouver's iconic landmarks. There are numerous dining, shopping, and cultural venues in the heart of Vancouver, including:
- Granville Island, where you can buy locally made food and goods.
- World-famous Stanley Park, where you can walk or bike year round.
- Chinatown, where you can eat some of the tastiest and least-expensive food in town.
- Vancouver Art Gallery, where you can check out the artwork from around the world.
- English Bay, where you can sunbathe and view the Pacific Ocean.
- Sports centres such as BC Place Stadium and Rogers Center, where you can watch professional hockey or football games.
- Gastown and Robson Street, where you can hang out and shop for trendy fashions.
Graduate Student Association
The Graduate Student Association (GSA) represents New York Institute of Technology Vancouver students and provides a forum for your voice when dealing with the university's faculty members and administration.
- Support and advice on student activities
- Nurture student engagement
- Identify and address student concerns
- Provide support to New York Tech and to the community
GSA's Executive Board Members (2023-2024)
- Shubhanker Navvale, President
- Chun-Yu (Anita) Wang, Executive Vice President
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org when you want to get in touch with the Graduate Student Association, Vancouver.
Left to Right: Shubhanker Navvale, Chun-Yu (Anita) Wang
Left to Right: Harshit Soni, Mohammed Rayan Shariff, Jayesh patil
We understand your life as a student doesn't stop at the classroom door. We aim to provide social, cultural, and wellness-based activities to give you the best possible experience here. Every semester, we offer unique events and activities that take you both on and off-campus. These events provide the opportunity to lead balanced lives and make new friends who share similar interests. The Student Lounge is the hang out space on campus for students. Take a seat on the couch, watch some Netflix or Youtube, play some Ping Pong, or just hang out with your friends!
Contact: Maria Mejia at email@example.com
Open: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.