Are you ready to start your Career journey?
Career Services experts act as a bridge between the university and the employers and help you prepare for the world of work. We offer an ever-growing range of workshops, events and support to help New York Students achieve their goals.
- Handshake: Event registration and job application portal
- Big Interview: Job interview training resource with video practice
- CareerShift: Job / Co-op search engine aggregator. Access here.
- Riipen: Work-Integrated Learning platform
- LinkedIn Learning: Free premium access for New York Tech students, an online career hub for finding jobs, researching companies, and exploring the job market
- Valuable resources to assist in your career development skills
- Events calendar and Campus Groups registration system
- Employer & Student Showcase: Our annual job fair every April
New York Tech Career Services are offered for all current students and Alumni. Additionally, unlike other universities, New York Tech offers these valuable career services to you for life, along with other alumni benefits.
We also offer:
- Personal career advising with Dave Kent, our career development expert
- Training in writing resumes, cover letters and interview skills
- Workshops about cross-cultural communication skills for Canada’s multicultural society
- Industry-specific workshops and panel presentations
- Networking events for students, alumni, and industry professionals
- Experiential education opportunities such as internship programs, on-campus jobs, volunteering, and events like hackathons
For our upcoming events calendar: Click here.
For our Instagram page: Click here.
Make an Appointment:
Have doubts about your next interview? Want to meet a career services advisor? Book an appointment to get answers to your questions and start developing your career journey. You can choose from the following topics:
- Advanced resumes and cover Letters
- Job search strategies for active job seekers
- Preparing for job interviews
- Career planning and future hiring trends in Canada
- Internship Certificate Program
- Networking strategies and leveraging LinkedIn
- Building your confidence with career coaching
- Exit interviews with the Alumni team
- Alumni career services