Vancouver Graduating Students
We are getting ready for the 2023 Commencement Ceremony! Stay tuned for updates
We are happy to announce the upcoming in-person Commencement Ceremony will be held at the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts at The University of British Columbia on Saturday, October 14, 2023.Register for Commencement Ceremony
Graduates, please register using your New York Tech student ID and New York Tech email address. New York Institute of Technology provides regalia to graduating students at a cost of $36.99 + tax per person.
To participate in the commencement ceremony, you are required to wear New York Institute of Technology’s academic regalia.
More details of New York Institute of Technology’s Vancouver Commencement Ceremony will be available soon. Please keep checking this space as more details about the event becomes available.
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
The University of British Columbia
6265 Crescent Road | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z1 Canada
Saturday, October 14, 2023
Before September 22
We are looking for an outstanding student speaker who can represent the New York Tech student experience of the Classes of 2023. This is a great honor and an opportunity to share your story.
- Be receiving a graduate degree from Fall 2022 through Summer 2023.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Demonstrate a commitment to campus involvement with a verifiable list of extracurricular and volunteer activities, and leadership positions.
- Deliver a pre-recorded one-minute sample speech to the selection committee that will be judged on:
- Content (i.e., unique perspective, motivational aspects, relevant quotations, and anecdotes.)
- Presentation style and speech delivery.
Student Speaker receives:
- Four tickets to Student Speaker’s respective ceremony.
- Platform party processional and seating.
- Recognition in the graduation program.
Process and deadlines: Phase I: Written Application Materials (To be submitted at application)
- Completed application with current resume.
- Typed draft of the proposed speech.
- Video recording of you reading your speech
- Typed response to the following question: Why do you want to be the Student Speaker?
Phase II: Interviews (In the week of September 25)
- The selection committee reviews all applications, then selects and interviews semifinalists.
Phase III: Selection (In the week of September 25)
- All semifinalists and the winner will be contacted by the selection committee.
Phase IV: Student Speaker Practice Sessions – selected student only (TBD)
- Work with a presentation coach to prepare and finalize your speech, which will be approximately two minutes long.
Apply to be a Student Speaker.Apply to be Student Speaker now
Commencement Ceremony Invitation Letter
New York Institute of Technology does not issue individual invitation letters for visa purposes. According to IRCC, graduates can provide their own invitation letters using the guidance on the IRCC website here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html
View Past Event Gallery
Got your commencement photos yet?
Looking for your headshots or stage photo?
Click here to download yours
Alumni Awards Gala 2022
Vancouver Commencement Ceremony 2022
For students and guests who are unable to attend the ceremony in person, video of the event can be found below: